The highest efficiency ever!
- Setting a new industry standard: with 93% efficiency or better, these chargers waste three to four times less heat. And once the battery is fully charged, power consumption reduces to less than a Watt, some five to ten times better than the industry standard.
Adaptive 4-stage charge algorithm: bulk – absorption – float – storage
- The Blue Power charger features a microprocessor controlled ‘adaptive’ battery management. The ‘adaptive’ feature will automatically optimise the charging process relative to the way the battery is being used.
Less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use: the Storage Mode
- The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge during 24 hours. In the storage mode float voltage is reduced to 2,2 V/cell (13,2 V for a 12 V battery) to minimise gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulphation, a major cause of early battery failure.
- Models up to 12/15: no fan.
Protected against overheating
- Output current will reduce as temperature increases up to 60°C, but the Blue Power charger will not fail.
Two LED’s for status indication
- Yellow LED: bulk charge (blinking fast), absorption (blinking slow), float (solid), storage (off) Green LED: power on